2018 Municipal Elections
The next municipal election is Monday, October 22, 2018.
Offices to be elected:
One (1) Mayor
Four (4) Councillors
******NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED*******
Nomination forms must be filed, either in person or by your agent, with the Returning Officer between May 1, 2018 to Thursday July 26, 2018. On Nomination Day (July 27, 2018) forms must be filed between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm.
The required filing fee for the Head of Council is $200.00 and all other offices are $100.00 (cash, cheque, money order, debit) must accompany the signed form. Full details on the procedures to be followed may be obtained from the municipal clerk.
* Candidates for the school board offices are encouraged to contact the office of the District of Education of the appropriate school board to obtain further information on the duties and responsibilities of a Board Trustee.
Who can Vote?
A person is entitled to vote in a municipal election if he or she on voting day:
- Resides in the municipality or is the owner or tenant of land in the municipality or the spouse of such owner or tenant; and
- Is a Canadian citizen; and
- Is at least 18 years of age; and
- Is not prohibited from voting under the Municipal Elections Act, 1996 or otherwise prohibited by law.
Are you on the Voter's List?
The list of eligible voters for the upcoming municipal election is to be prepared by the Returning Officer/Clerk of your municipality. We all play a role in ensuring a fair electoral system, and it is the responsibility of every elector to make sure their information is up-to-date and accurately reflected for electoral purposes. Eligible Electors can log into voterlookup.ca to:
- confirm or update their electoral information;
- add an elector name to an address;
- change school support;
Alternatively to be added, deleted or to make any other corrections to your information, contact the municipal office with proper identification and proof of residence during normal office hours beginning September 4 up to and including the close of voting on October 22 at 8 pm.